ARSENAL is ready to part ways with striker Alexandre Lacazette.
And his Premier League rivals West Ham are vying for his signing, according to bookies Betfair.
BETFAIR – GET £ 20 FREE BETS *
Lacazette arrived at Arsenal from Lyon for £ 47million in July 2017.
He has since scored 65 goals and provided 28 assists in 170 appearances for the Gunners.
However, the 30-year-old has never scored more than 14 Premier League goals in his four seasons in north London.
And with his contract expiring in June 2022 – Arsenal are looking to cash in.
Reports claim that Mikel Arteta and CO. want to get rid of the Frenchman’s £ 180,000 a week salary and use his transfer fees to fund other transactions.
Alexandre Lacazette next club – Betfair odds
- Lyon – 7/4
- Monaco – 5/1
- Paris Saint-Germain – 5/1
- Borussia Dortmund – 10/1
- Inter Milan – 1/10
- West Ham – 1/10
Transfer guru Duncan Castles recently told the Transfer Window podcast: “Another player they would like to sell and get wages back but find very difficult to sell is Alexandre Lacazette.
Castles co-host Ian McGarry added: “I have been told that Lacazette has been marketed very aggressively in Europe.
“But of no particular interest strong enough to suggest that Arsenal can offload Lacazette.
THE DREAM TEAM IS BACK! REGISTER NOW FOR SEASON 21/22 FOR YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING £ 100,000
“Obviously his age is against him in terms of the lack of resale value and also the price that Arsenal would want.
“The contract they gave him prevents him from wanting to leave, because he knows he is not going to receive the same amount elsewhere.”
Nevertheless, the London rival of West Ham could offer the French a possible lifeline at the London Stadium.
David Moyes’ side have only one recognized striker at Michail Antonio’s club and are in desperate need of reinforcements ahead of his Europa League involvement.
Betfair believe the Hammers have a 10/1 chance – but there are plenty of other clubs ahead of them in the betting market.
Former Lyon club are favorites at 7/4, while other Ligue 1 heavyweights Monaco and Paris Saint-Germain are stuck together at 5s.
Dream Team 2021/22
PLAY DREAM TEAM FOR THE 2021/22 SEASON!
- £ 100,000 in prizes to be won
- Budget £ 50million to build your best XI
- Play in mini leagues against your friends, colleagues, etc.
- Click here to play for FREE
- Dream Team app available on Apple Store and Google Play Store
CONTEST: SPOT THE BALL TO WIN A CAR AND MONEY
FREE BETS: GET OVER £ 2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
Commercial content notice: Taking any of the bookmaker offers featured in this article may result in payment to The Sun. 18+. General conditions apply. Begambleaware.org
Remember to play responsibly
A responsible player is someone who:
- Establish time and money limits before playing
- Only play with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Don’t gamble if he’s upset, angry or depressed
- GamCare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Aware of the bet – www.begambleaware.org
* Terms and Conditions – Minimum bet £ 5 on SBK, minimum odds 1.5 (1/2). Rewards valid for 7 days. Free bets must be placed with a minimum odds of 1.5 (1/2). Free trade bet limited to certain markets. Payment restrictions apply. General conditions apply 18+ Begambleaware.org